What's New At Carpetime?
Carpeting can be an excellent "Green" choice. Some "Green" facts from Mohawk:
- About 3 billion recycled plastic bottles are utilized each year to make Mohawk EverStrand carpet.
- The energy savings from the manufacture of only 7 square yards of Mohawk SmartStrand carpet equals one gallon of gasoline.
Engineered wood floors are an excellent opportunity to go "Green". Some "Green" facts:
- Per tree harvested, engineered woods yield up to 3 times more square footage than solid wood floors.
- As much as 95% of engineered wood is constructed with recycled wood such as reclaimed wood from old buildings.
- Engineered woods offer less landfill impact and less forest footprint.
Vinyl flooring has "Green" benefits as described below:
- Salt is the largest raw material used in vinyl, comprising about 60% of the product.
- Vinyl saves about 1.7 million barrels of oil per year in the transportation market and 44.2 million barrels a year in the construction market.